Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dutch Hospital Shopping Precinct!!!

Wow... that was my exact expression when i entered the former Dutch Hospital in Fort. It has been converted into a Shopping Precinct with Restaurants and few stores too...

I'm so impressed and thrilled as i get the feeling I'm in Singapore or Malaysia.... I had to blog about it and express my happiness... I went with my Aunts and cousin to check it out and we entered WIP ( work-in -progress) managed by the Hilton Colombo.. pub like feeling and chilled out atmosphere.. the menu could do better with more of a variety however its a good start... The drink menu had good choices and the Cosmo i had was excellent!! the only thing missing was music but when i suggested it they promptly adhered to my request!!

Anyways when i walked around the dutch hospital it has tables all around the courtyard where most of the people were just sitting and ordering few drinks and bites.. they could order from any of the restaurants around.. which is a good thing...

I cant wait to try out all the restaurants at this place.. Mainly the Ministry of Crab which will be opened to public after the 12th of Dec. run by Dharshan Munidasa and the famous 2 cricketers been Mahela Jayawardena and my hot favourite Kumar Sangakkara. The main reason for me to try it out :)

Harpos has also opened up a restaurant called the Colombo Fort Cafe... so all these places are a must try..

At least Colombo is getting exciting for the season and my choice to move back to Sri Lanka is becoming a good choice...

However i hope a lounge bar opens up as well in this precinct and music is essential even in the courtyard..

i totally recommend everyone to try out the latest addition to Colombo and enjoy the Foodie in you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment